Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kid Art Gallery

Once again, this is a post about a project that has been waiting for a more permanent home.  Not that I couldn't have done this in any of the other places we've lived, but when I saw the idea on Pinterest, we were in the holding pattern before finding a new job/moving.

Now that we are settled, I have just relished getting to actually get to take some of the pins from my Pinterest boards and make them into real projects. 

Brooks has been coming home from nursery school for a couple of years now with lots of artwork and crafts and so far the fridge has been the best place to display it until now.

With a few cheap (really cheap) frames and a can of my favorite- spray paint  I created a really cute gallery for kid art!


The frames came from Goodwill- a favorite place to shop!  I chose 5 in a variety of shapes and designs.  The most expensive was $3.00.  I took all the glass and artwork out and recycled it.  I sanded the frames lightly and then spray painted them all the same color with a glossy orange to match our playroom decor.  
I wrestled with painting them all the same color or each a different color, but ultimately chose the same color since artwork would add more color.  

I played around with the layout and then hung them up with nails.  Binder clips are attached to the wall inside each frame with poster mounting tape.


Brooks gets a kick out of hanging his artwork on the wall (so does Lucy, when I can get her to sit still enough to actually color something). I love that it is super easy to display and change out artwork and projects in a way that isn't cluttered looking.  I like the intentionality in showing off and celebrating the creativity of my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment