Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Oh the places you'll go...

We have lived in a lot of places.  We are new to Winston-Salem and people are always asking "Where are you from?"  I usually answer-"I grew up in SC, my husband is from Texas and we are most recently from Athens, GA.

That is the simple answer to the polite question folks ask, they don't really want to know that we have moved more times that I care to tell, lived in several states, some more than once.

To document all the places we are "from,"  I created a really cute photo collection using some inspiration from pinterest and old licence plates that we somehow collected.

Here is the result:

I used cheap ikea frames, cut out a map (free from most state welcome centers on the highway or their tourism websites), some little heart stickers, and ribbon.
They turned out super cute I think.  Now we have a way to show folks all the places our family has lived and loved.  





2 comments:

  1. I love this! I still have my old license plates in the garage and was planning to do something with maps in my house, so I may absolutely rip this off! :)

    ReplyDelete